Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Women's Henley Round-Up

Now, ordinarily the stories flow freely in my direction, but the ladies seem to have taken a little while to get over the weekend...

However, my Remenham based informants tell me that the 8 had "the race of the day" on Friday morning. Long time opponents Birmingham Uni took a severe punishing off the line, and again in the middle of the race. But in the end age defeated beauty as the young'uns made the line first.

Despite this, the girls were bouyed by their outstanding showing until a certain over-eager supporter decided to question what the saftey launch driver did in his spare time by using previously unseen hand gestures!

I also hear that the four showed well against the Reading Uni crew - but was on the wrong end of the result. Shame.

A big congrats to you all for your efforts, and I have been asked to give special mentions to the coxes - Katie and Tasha - and of course the long-suffering captain - Jane.

No comments: