Thursday, February 22, 2007

Anyone for a swim?!?

Imagine the scene....

The sun is shining, the weather is sweltering - what better way to cool down for a quick dip in some crystal clear waters. Mmm lovely.
Alternatively, you decide to go for a quick spin round the docks, on a cold, wintry, wet Thursday morning before work, and you think - what the hell! Lets fall out the boat and get really wet!!!

So imagine this scene - Rob Beever, Chris Sparrow, Jack Mellor, Dylan Lang are cruising along in a 4-, and imagine the surprise as they go round the 'bend?!?' on the feeder and row straight into a barge that was hiding round said 'bend', have a little wobbly moment and fall in! Brrr - not so lovely

Just trying to think how much rowing experience there is in that boat.... and the last time I saw a four full of senior rowers capsize on the docks?

Hope you enjoyed the swim boys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's truly nothing better than a bracing swin on a February morning.

I'll be getting my tetanus shot later...

Anonymous said...

Beever...

I've been up and down the feeder a few times during my time in Bristol, and I not quite sure where you managed to find a bend bendy enough to hide a barge?!?

Anonymous said...

Try under the big road bridge. Bally thing was on the outside, I look over my left shoulder, it was in my blind spot. Arse.

Anonymous said...

Never mind, you have this to look forward to:

I am REALLY looking forward to March 14th - why? Just type "March 14th" (don't forget the inverted commas) into Google & you'll see why!!
Not entirely worksafe, but hey, who knows might get it included on the office calendar!

Anonymous said...

even better, google "french military victories" and click on I'm feeling lucky- the old ones are the best