Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Death

Message From Pete.....

Some of you may know that my Great Aunt passed away a few weeks ago. I spent some time with her at her death bed, where I promised to name a boat after her dearest friend, the late Bibbi Boatt (the famous Kazakhstani international sculler).
My aunt met Bibbi in her university days, where Bibbi was known as 'Bali Fast' Boatt. I am not sure whether this was a reference to her way with men or her sculling skill. Apparently some years later, my aunt travelled with Bibbi to the Soviet Rowing Champs, where they encountered that famous Russian supremo - Paulaurarmoff, in his prime, and another conquest for Bibbi. Bibbi Boatt had many grand-children, many of whom were impressive rowers; we all recall the Kazakhstani eight in the Olympics in the eighties, and of course there is her famous grandson Borat .

Marcus will be officiating on Sunday with the boat naming ceremony, and the one minutes silence.

Pete

No comments: