Thursday, March 17, 2005

Oooh!, Young Man....

Whilest sharing a nice cup of coffee over breakfast with Mrs Lush on Sunday morning, imagine my surprise to find a full page on our beloved sport in the sports section of the Bristol Evening Post - The Green'un.
I was drawn to the piece about "Hall and Downey", aka the Nottingham Bathing Couple (see earlier posting). Now, we are proud of our Learn2Row course, and all those that go through it - but anyone would think we are running an old people's home:
..."I am particularly pleased with the progress I have made over the last 18 months, especially for a man of my age"...
Step forward Mr "Crusher" Downey for your goodie bag of Cod Liver Oil, pipe and slippers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their lack of hair probably increases their performance, aerodynamically speaking. Maybe that's the secret?

Anonymous said...

Although the wrinkles may cause extra drag.