Thursday, October 20, 2005

Resistance Training De Luxe

The other morning when I was out, I saw a mens 8 paddling past, under the watchful eye of Coach. Nothing unusual about that, I hear you say - but for the whole outing they were rowing in fours, and using the other four as resistance training.

Not completely satisfied with this, coach introduced some additional resistance on the second outing by asking the static oarsmen to "take the run off" at the same time.

She's a tough woman.

However, I have heard that for four of the squad their worst nightmare is about to come true.

This Saturday morning's 4+ will be steered by the international coxing legend that is Crusher. I cant wait to see this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope its in a stern loader 'cos his slim physique ain't gonna squeeze into a bow