Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Marcus’ Diary Part IV

Well the last race has been rowed, the last pair of shoes collected and the last medals awarded at the WRC 06.

During the traditional kit swap amongst the athletes and volunteers I was offered some Ukranian underwear from one of the women’s heavyweight 8 but had to decline the offer as beige really isn’t my colour and she would never have fitted into my y-fronts. The Swedish lightweight double were all too keen to swap phone numbers (purely for sculling coaching) and Andy Triggs-Hodge presented me with some shampoo to keep my hair a rich golden colour, just like his.





Swedish sisters Lena and Sara Karlsson


So now back to the relative normality and correctly proportioned (well mostly) folk of CBRC but I’ll be back at Dorney in 2012 for more international athlete bothering…

No comments: