Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Marcus's Diary

If you have been keeping up with Debbie Flood in her online diary on the WRC2006 website www.wrc2006.com/thediary.html , you will no doubt be delighted to see this unpublished blog from our very own volunteer:

Monday August 21
Here we are then - Day 2 of competition. After the intial excitement of getting my volunteers kit yesterday I was concerned that today just couldn't compare. But how wrong could I be?

I made sure I was looking my best for the first heat of the day, when as luck would have it the Romanian women's 8 went past me on their warm up. Luckily, I had been given finish pontoon duties for the morning, so imagine my excitement when I knew they would be coming back.... All that lycra, all those muscles, all the hairy armpits, and not a bra in site.

Well the race went past in a flash with my new found lovelies qualifying easily for the semis, and arriving at my pontoon in a sweaty, panting mess. I was absolutely convinced bow winked at me on her way in...

Then, out of nowhere 4 came up to me and handed me a note. What was I to do? Cool as a cucumber, I slipped it into my sharp new trousers, and winked back. It was time for her to go, but I knew we'd catch up later.

So, in a quiet moment half an hour later how was I to guess my world was to come crashing down?

When I opened the note I never expected it to read:

Darling Charlie
I can't wait to see you. I am so pleased you have waited so long for me my darling. I will hurry to see you as soon as I have finished here. Call me.
love forever
Petrova

Good luck Dr Jones, because for me tomorrow brings the Ukranian 4!

My juices are flowing already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT????

Anonymous said...

Random. But probably true?