Thursday, January 18, 2007

to drink, or not to drink

Or to be more accurate - what to drink, or what not to drink.... that is the question!

A few months ago, I was singing the praise of a good cup of tea, and all the health benefits it could bring to you - and indeed replacing your training water with a flask of tea... However it now looks as if you will have to drink your tea black, as the milk negates the health benefits. So as I am not a fan of black tea, it looks as if I was going to have to resort back to water - and then I read this - too much water can kill you!

So it begs the questions - just what is safe to drink? The only option I have come up with is cider - I was going to suggest wine, but we all know what happens when certain members of the club have a glass of wine or two!

I'll expect to see you all down at the boathouse clutching a bottle of White Lightning rather than the ubiquitous water bottle!

No comments: