Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Aloha Boyo!

A large proportion of the club will be venturing across the Severn Bridge this weekend for the year’s most anticipated event: Llandaff International Regatta.

Crews of all shapes and sizes are competing including the inaugural race for the formidable Specht/Hall pair on Saturday and two rather fine looking mixed eights on Sunday. For the novices this could be the regatta to claim that illusive first win, though be careful when diving into the river for the celebratory swim as the water is only 4” deep.

On Saturday evening there will be a barbecue in the campsite and it is hoped that many of the club will be able to come along, even if you are not racing. The dress code is Hawaii 5-O so dig out those grass skirts and lurid shirts.

The record so far is 43 pots in a single weekend but I’m sure it can be beaten…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

4" deep at the weir and the edges maybe ... but I can assure you it's a LOT deeper than that in many places! (don't ask how I know).

Anonymous said...

How do you know?

Anonymous said...

4 inches really isn't very deep - I'm not even sure you can get an 8 in that without grounding it. Perhaps you meant 4'. And by the way I'm only 23, and I'm expecting that Gurt has been using imerial a lot longer than me!

Gurt Lush said...

Actually I had intentionally written 4" (or 101.6 new fangled millimetres for you youngsters) though I admit that this might have been a slight exageration. It's actually closer to 5.5".

Anonymous said...

Where did Duncan Goodhew come into it then?

Anonymous said...

In my experience, men are often confused over measurements with exaggeration a common feature of this flaw. This has often resulted in multiple disspointments.

Anonymous said...

'disspointment'? Looks like you have been here:- http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=3;t=001114