Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Welcome home

Well the ball may have been lost, but we have finally beaten the Aussies at cricket, and brought the Ashes home for the first time in 18years!

Beating the Aussies is always a good feeling (I remember my hangover from celebrating beating them in the Rugby World cup) but winning it at home was even better. No getting up at 7am to go to the pub or sitting up late at night - This time I could listen to it in the comfort of my desk at work (not that my boss was very impressed - I have not done much work over the last few days).

First the rugby, now the cricket - Just need the footballers to get the fingers out of their a***s and bring the football world cup home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the football wold cup? Someone give Gurt a call and get him back ASAP!!!

Gurt Lush said...

Have you never watched football you idiot - It is a big competition that is held every 4 years.... we havn't won it since 1966!

Anonymous said...

I know what the football world cup is... Shame that Randy's spelling is not as good as Gurt's... nice to see he has finally corrected his mistake...